PANCAKES, Flap Jacks, Hot Cakes, Flannel Cakes, Short Stack, Slap Jacks, Batter Cakes…. These are just a few names for some of our favorite things.
This recipe is for Kim a client of mine who just wanted some pancakes and I recommended just trying out some sweet potatoes pancakes. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients – Makes 1 Serving
1/3 cup mashed sweet potato (baked + mashed)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
Fruit-blueberries or strawberries if you desire
- Mix your mashed sweet potato and egg whites well. Mixing the egg whites well will help the pancakes get more fluffy and light.
I chose to use baked sweet potato that has been mashed instead of boiled because it has more texture and helps the pancake hold together better. You also end up getting very small pieces of sweet potato in the pancake, bonus!
- When that is mixed well, add almond meal, almond milk, baking powder and salt.
- Pour mixture 1/4 cup at a time onto a heated skillet. You shouldn’t have to spread it around, but you might have to.
- Cook over med-high heat for about 1 1/2 mins on each side.
- Serve with your choice of topping! I love bacon and Maple syrup.