Yippie, the new dietary guidelines told America eggs are ok!!! It looks like people are starting to read the research on cholesterol. Here are my favorite egg recipes.
Mayo Free Egg Salad
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small dill pickle, finely chopped
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sweet hot mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Micro greens (optional, for garnish)
In a medium bowl, combine the celery, green onions, dill pickle, Greek yogurt, mustard, smoked paprika and salt; stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
Cut 2 eggs in half lengthwise and coarsely chop. Add chopped eggs to bowl and stir gently to combine.
Serve on leafy greens.
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3-4 cups spinach (or other greens of your choice)
- 1 large tomato, sliced and seeded
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add greens and cook 3-4 minutes until wilted. Add in bacon and stir.
Add egg mixture to the pan and place tomatoes on top. Using a spatula, occasionally lift the edges to allow uncooked egg to run under. When the frittata has set, transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Quinoa and Eggs
- 1cup quinoa
- 4large eggs
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1avocado, chopped
- 6ounces smoked salmon
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- 1/4 avocado
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, covered, 2 to 4 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Serve the quinoa topped with the fried eggs, avocado, and salmon, dividing evenly. Drizzle with the lemon juice and top with scallions.
Egg and Zucchini Hash
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 3 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs, cooked sunny-side up
In a strainer placed in the sink or over a plate, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Squeeze to remove excess water. Add 3 tablespoons of the dill and toss.
Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat.
Add the potato-zucchini mixture, pressing it with the back of a spatula. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
Fold the hash in half. Cook for a few more minutes.
Transfer to individual plates along with the eggs. Sprinkle the hash and eggs with the remaining dill.