I know, I know I don’t approve of bananas seeing they tend to me high in mold but every once in a while.
- 4 bananas (2½ cups mashed )
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (140 grams) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped* (see Notes for recommendation to keep 100% Paleo)
- Grease one 9×5 loaf pan (or 8″x8″ square pan, which is what I used) and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes if using a square pan, and 50-60 if using a loaf pan. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.