Green Shake.. This has Starbucks FRAP beat:
- 1/2 banana – I know not my favorite due to the high mold so feel free to swap it out.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1cup Ice
- 1cup almond, cashew or coconut milk or other milk of your choice
- 1cup baby spinach
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2drops Peppermint oil to taste
Optional Add in (protein)
- 2scoops Great Lakes gelatin or pea protein
MINT LAYER INGREDIENTS
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/4 c. honey
- 6 T.coconut oil , melted
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/8 t. mint extract, or a drop or two of food grade peppermint oil
- dash of salt
CHOCOLATE LAYER INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 2 T. honey
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 t. vanilla extract
- dash of salt
MINT LAYER INSTRUCTIONS
- Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with foil. Place all ingredients in high powered blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth. (You can puree it if you want, but I like mine to have little flecks of coconut still.) Smooth mixture into prepared dish and stick in the freezer.
CHOCOLATE LAYER INSTRUCTIONS
- In small saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over chilled bottom layer and return to the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate layer is hardened. Remove from foil and cut into bars. Store covered in the freezer.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew:
- 1 1/2 lbs corned beef brisket (toss the seasoning packet)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 5 cloves
- 5 whole all spice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb radishes, quartered
- 1/2 small head cabbage, chopped (or more to taste)
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium heat
- Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the garlic, carrots, celery, salt & pepper (to taste) and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Create a spice packet by placing the mustard seed, black peppercorns, cloves, all spice, and bay leaves into a piece of cheesecloth and tie it with a piece of kitchen twine long enough to hang off the side of the pot (this is for easy removal–you could also use pickling spice, but check the ingredients).
- Add the corned beef, water, apple cider vinegar, and spice packet to the pot
- Bring the stew to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- Add the cabbage and radishes the last 30 minutes of cooking time
- Remove the corned beef and shred the meat with the fork.
- Remove the spice packet and add the corned beef back into the pot
- Stir to combine, season to taste, and cook until the vegetables are tender.