These Baked Avocado Fries are light, healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and yummy. Of course not a french fry but still good.
The coconut gives a delicate crunchy texture to the bite.
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1 t garlic powder
- ½ t onion powder
- ½ t smoked paprika
- ¼ t black pepper
- 3 T arrowroot powder
- ½ T flaxseed, plus 1 ½ T water
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ T water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and place a rack on the middle shelf.
2. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or a non-stick reusable baking sheet and set aside.
3. Add the flaxseed and 1 ½ T water to a bowl, mix together and place in a fridge.
4. Slice the avocado in half, and remove the pit. Cut each half into 4 or 5 slices, and set aside.
5. In a bowl, combine arrowroot powder and half of the seasonings (garlic, onion, smoked paprika and black pepper).
6. Remove the flax and water mix from the fridge.
7. In a second bowl combine the flax and water mix with ½ T water.
8. In a third bowl combine the shredded coconut and the remaining half of the seasonings.
9. Start with one avocado slice at a time. Dip an avocado slice in the arrowroot mix, then in the flaxseed mix, and then coat in the coconut mix.
10. Place the coated avocado on the lined baking tray. Repeat this process for the remaining avocado slices.
11. Bake in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, this is dependent on your type of oven. Check after 5 minutes. If the coconut is very lightly golden in some places and the avocado slices don’t feel smooshie then they are ready. If not keep cooking.