Ok Mac and Cheese is my favorite this definitely is not a replacement but when you want to stay healthy and satisfy the craving, give this a whirl.
Cauliflower ‘Mac and Cheese’ Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T yellow mustard
- 1 t paprika
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1 T chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 t sea salt
- Begin by bringing 2 cups of water to a low boil in a medium-sized pot. Add cauliflower florets and boil 10 minutes, covered, to tenderize. Drain and set aside.
- While the cauliflower steams, combine cashews and carrots in a separate small pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Drain carrots and cashews. Place into a blender with almond milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.