Has your chicken dinner repertoire gotten a little boring? Liven things up with this tender, savory, sweet-and-sour-y, flavorful chicken dinner recipe!
This recipe serves up chicken thighs that are browned on the outside and seeped in flavor on the inside. Tender carrots and celery are enjoyable, tasty bites served alongside the chicken. Serve a vibrant green salad to complete this meal – made with spinach or kale. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 celery, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Season both sides with sea salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown each side, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate and drain the skillet.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 8 minutes, until browned. Add the coconut palm sugar, wine, vinegar, orange juice and sliced almonds. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook, partially covered, for 35 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the cover and cook for a few minutes longer, until the sauce has thickened. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 310 calories, 7g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 171mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 41g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!