This recipe for Beef Jerky opens up a whole new snacking option. It’s great for on-the-go, doesn’t need refrigeration, and is packed with protein to power your day. You don’t have to worry about all those preservatives that store-bought jerky contains, your batch of Beef Jerky is pure and chemical free.
The process of making jerky is fun and surprisingly easy. You don’t even need a dehydrator, your oven will do just fine.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 pounds lean flank steak, frozen
- 2 cups coconut aminos
- 2 cups Fresh Squeezed Apple Juice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice the frozen flank steak into strips of about ¼inch thickness, slicing with the grain.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a large Tupperware. Add the steak slices. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Turn your oven to 160 degrees F. Cover the bottom of the oven with foil — this gets messy! Pat any excess marinade off each steak strip then lay directly across your oven racks. Wipe any excess marinade from the foil-lined oven bottom. Place a wooden spoon in the crack of the oven door to keep it slightly propped open.
- Allow the steak to dehydrate for the next 3 hours. Flip each piece over and dehydrate for another 3 hours. Your jerky is done when you’re able to easily rip a piece off.
- This jerky will keep in a sealed bag, without refrigeration, for 3 months.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 62 calories, 2g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 83mg sodium, 0g fiber, and 7g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Catalyst Strength and Functional Nutrition