Nope, that was not a typo. Your favorite fitness personality is indeed sending you a recipe for Chicken Nuggets! However, these are not your typical nuggets…
Most chicken nuggets are less about chicken and more about fillers, additives and artificial ingredients. Add to that the cooking method of choice is most often a vat of frying oil, and you can see why nuggets aren’t often classified as healthy!
This recipe is a complete departure from commercial nuggets. Made simply using real chicken breast, ground almonds and fresh seasonings, these tasty nuggets are then baked to perfection in the oven. So you can feel free to serve this recipe to your family as a part of a balanced meal with zero guilt and 100% enjoyment.
Here’s what you need
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the raw almonds in a food processor until fine. (Alternately feel free to use sun flower seeds.)
- Combine the ground almonds, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk the egg in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, and then coat in the almond mixture. Place on the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!
152 calories, 5g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 338mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 25g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!