Do you ever look for ways to eat chocolate for breakfast?
A handful of stevia-sweetened chocolate chips will do the trick, providing that chocolate flavor that you crave without a bunch of sugar. Add some to a blended protein shake, mix into a bowl of oatmeal, or add to grain-free mini muffins.
Ah yes, any day that starts with chocolate is a day that’s bound to be great 🙂
These mini muffins use cooked quinoa in place of traditional flours along with some of those stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. It adds wonderful protein, fiber, complex carbs and a nice texture. Making a big batch of quinoa on the weekend to keep in the fridge makes it quick and easy to use cooked quinoa in your cooking all week long.
And enjoy a bite of chocolate as a healthy start to your day!
Here’s what you need
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 (15.66 oz) can coconut milk, canned and full-fat
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lily’s chocolate chips (stevia sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 48 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the quinoa, almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the egg, coconut sugar, coconut milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla in an- other bowl. Mix well and add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour 1 Tablespoon of batter into each of the 48 mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden and set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer out of muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
One serving equals: 57 calories, 2g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 28mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 4g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!