This sweet, buttery bite-sized treat is reminiscent of your favorite candy bar.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted sugar free almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 2 T butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao or baking chocolate
- Optional: sea salt for sprinkling
- Bring a small saucepan to low heat. Add butter, almond butter, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Stir until the ingredients are combined and the mixture becomes sticky, about 3-4 minutes.
- Line a 9×5-inch meatloaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- Spread the mixture from the saucepan into an even layer on the pan. Be sure to spread it into the corners as well.
- Next, layer the pumpkin over the crust in an even layer.
- Place in the fridge to set while you prepare the chocolate.
- Make the chocolate by melting chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread the chocolate into an even layer over the bars. Optional: sprinkle with sea salt and place extra chocolate chips on top, gently pressing into the chocolate so they set.
- Place back in the fridge to set 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper.
- Place on a hard surface. Slice into 12 bars using a large knife and devour!