- 3 lbs chicken breast, shredded (or 3 cupsprecooked, shredded chicken)
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 oz fresh salsa verde
- 1/3 cup full fat canned coconut cream (or cream cheese)
- 6 (6-inch) grain-free corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheese or crumbled queso fresco
Serve With: Lime wedges Cilantro Hot sauce Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- If your chicken breasts are raw, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 TBS oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper. Add to skillet and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Shred.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, salt and coconut cream. Stir in 6 oz salsa verde. Reserve remaining salsa verde.
- For casserole style, add the chicken mixture to a 11×7 inch baking dish evenly spreading it throughout the dish. Take the sliced tortillas and layer them over top the mixture making sure not to layer the strips over each other. Sprinkle a layer of cheese.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used. The top ingredient should be the remaining salsa followed by 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes to get the cheese bubbly.
Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Additional method: To make it enchilada style, for step 4: spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla and roll up. Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Proceed to step 5.