Bone broth is very high in both protein and nutrients, and while good for everyone, may be exceptionally beneficial for people with cancer.
Cancer patients who undergo conventional cancer treatments (surgery, chemo, and radiation) often experience a range of issues that impact eating. These can include: nausea, vomiting, headache, tiredness, sore mouth and/or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, and changes in taste and smell of food.
After surgery, for example, the body requires extra calories and protein for wound healing and recovery. However, this is also when most cancer patients have pain and feel tired and often don’t feel up to eating. Bone broth is the perfect solution because it provides maximum nutrition in an easy to swallow form that is easily digested and soothing to the digestive system. This is in contrast to many other foods (especially solids) which can be difficult to fully break down.
The broth can be sipped alone, or turned into a base for soup to which you can add other cancer-fighting ingredients (i.e. organic vegetables, turmeric root, ginger, etc). For cancer patients who are experiencing a change in taste (or have lost their sense of taste) due to chemotherapy or radiation, herbs and spices can be easily added to enhance the flavor of the bone broth and make it more palatable.
Bone Broth Supports a Healthy Immune System
One of the most remarkable benefits of bone broth is its gut supportive benefits. This provides a holistic effect on the body which even supports healthy immune system function.
Leaky gut occurs when undigested particles from foods seep through tiny openings in the weakened intestinal lining and enter the bloodstream. The immune system detects these particles and becomes hyperactive which in turn increases inflammation. As the immune system releases high levels of antibodies, it causes an autoimmune-like response and attacks healthy tissue.
The collagen/gelatin and the amino acids proline, glutamine, and arginine in traditionally-made bone broths help seal these openings in the gut lining and promote gut integrity.
By restoring gut health, bone broth aids in supporting immune system function and healthy inflammation response. As an added bonus, bone broth can even promote healthy sleep, boost energy during the day, and support a healthy mood… all critical elements when healing from cancer.
Don’t want to spend all that time making Bone Broth yourself…
6 Beneficial Nutrients Found in Bone Broth
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) – support collagen and elastin production which is good for the structure of the body, skin, hair, and nails. GAGs also aid in digestive health by helping to restore the intestinal lining. Important GAGs found in bone broth include glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, and chondroitin sulfate.
- Glucosamine (hydrochloride and sulfate) – Supports joint strength and mobility by helping to maintain the integrity of cartilage (the rubbery substance within joints that acts as a natural cushion to keep bones from rubbing together). Bone broth can be a delicious and easy alternative to expensive glucosamine supplements for supporting joint health.
- Hyaluronic Acid – supports healthy tissues, including cell rejuvenation and skin firmness. Hyaluronic acid is a common ingredient in anti-aging skin care products. Bone broth provides the benefits from the inside out!
- Chondroitin Sulfate – Often used along with glucosamine to support joint health. Studies have shown that supplementing with chondroitin supports healthy inflammation response as well as cardiovascular health, bone health, skin health, and healthy cholesterol levels
- Minerals and Electrolytes – Essential minerals, including electrolytes, found in bone broth include calcium, magnesium, and potassium, as well as many other minerals such as phosphorus. These minerals are important for supporting healthy circulation, bone density, nerve signaling functions, heart health, and digestive health.
- Collagen – Quality bone broth is a good source of collagen which has a number of important functions in the body. These include helping to form connective tissue (allowing for easier movement) and protecting and sealing the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. Collagen is a complex protein that is a rich source of 19 amino acids, many of which must be obtained from diet.
Do you want to learn more about how you can navigate your way to optimal health? Take advantage of a free 45 minute consultation with me to talk about your health journey and what we could do together to create your ideal wellness plan. Feel free to learn more at my website http://www.seefitpt.com or email me today to to set up the consult at email@example.com.
#bonebroth #bonebrothheals #bonebrothprotein #bonebrothdiet #bonebrothisbeautiful #bonebrothspecialists #bonebrothsoup #bonebrothlethbridge #bonebrothyyc #bonebrothyql #bonebrothyqf #bonebrothyeg #bonebrothuk #bonebrothtips #bonebrothrecipe #bonebrothpho #bonebrothnotjustforwinteranymore #bonebrothliquidlove #bonebrothkalechips #bonebrothhealgut #bonebrothforathletes #bonebrothforall #bonebrothfish #bonebrothfast #bonebrothcollagen #bonebrothcanmore #bonebrothbeauty #cancer #cancersucks #cancermemes #cancersurvivor #cancerawareness #CancerDeMama #cancerousmemes #cancerous #cancerresearch #cancerfree #cancerfighter #cancerwarrior #cancermeme #cancersupport #cancerprevention #cancerdusein #cancersurvivors #cancers #cancercare #cancerresearchuk #cancerawarenessmonth #cancermama #CancerSeason #cancertemcura #cancerian #cancercouncil #cancercure #cancerdeprostata #cancertreatment #cancerdeseno