How in the world do you replace high-carb foods with carb-friendly food ?
Here are some great substitutes for some of our favorite foods.
- Pasta – Zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, shirataki (konjac) noodles
- Rice- cauliflower rice
- Apples, Bananas, Oranges- Berries
- Potatoes- Mashed Cauliflower
- Milk and Soy milk – unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk
- Pizza – Fat head Pizza ( recipe below)
- Bread- Lettuce wraps, Low- carb cassanava tortillas
- Chips – Pork rinds, cheese whips carb free chips
- Candy bars- Chocolate sweetened with stevia or monk fruit
- Peanuts- Macadamia nuts or almonds
- All -purpose and whole wheat flour- Almond flour, coconut flour, hazelnut flour
- Sugar- stevia, xylitol (from birchwood), erythritol, monk fruit
- cornstarch – arrowroot powder or xanthin gum
- yogurt – coconut milk or almond milk unsweetened.
FAT HEAD DOUGH
This type of dough is often referred to as a “fat head” dough, as the concept was invented by the creators of the documentary “Fat Head”
Heat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a sauce-pan or toaster oven add mozzarella cheese. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until the cheese is very melty and stretchy.
Add the almond flour, baking powder, xanthin gum, and salt to the cheese. Fold into the cheese with the wooden spoon. Once the almond flour is completely incorporated, add the egg and mix until the dough is formed.
Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Wet your hands with water and knead the dough until it is uniform in color. You should not see white or yellow spots throughout. Continue wetting your hands, as needed, to prevent sticking. the more you knead the dough, the easier it should be to manipulate.
Cut the dough into four parts. Roll the dough out on the parchment paper to your desired thickness and shape ( round for sandwich and long for breadstick. I think you get the idea. Put the dough onto a baking sheet. Bake until the tops are golden brown which is about 10-15 minutes.
1.5 cups shredded mozeralla
1 cup of almond flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 sea salt
1 beaten egg.